**** CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE ****
Due to the rising number of covid-19 cases locally, and the likelihood of a local lockdown, we have taken the decision to suspend appointment temporarily.
As much as we love meeting with customers (many of who are now friends), the safety of our staff, customers and the wider community must take priority. We know that we are very able to offer an excellent service to local people via post, "click and collect" style shopping and free delivery, which we will continue to offer.
We know that this is disappointing, but are also sure that you will appreciate our reasoning, and continue to support us on this journey and chat with us in our Facebook group - it may not be as enjoyable as a natter in the shop, but it's not a bad alternative :)
Small Eco Steps' shop opens on 19th August 2020, bringing a new way for customers to buy and choose their childrens' clothing and toys.
2020 has not been the year that any of us envisioned; the world has changed in huge ways for so many of us. Our plans to open an eco friendly family store in the heart of Chester needed to evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and the community. In a different world, we have found a different way.
The first thing that stands out about our new store is that it's not on the high street; it's in Vicars Cross, a residential area. We converted an outbuilding into our ideal space, more than just a shop:
- We are open for appointments only, and will be limiting these to a maximum of one per day. Thorough cleaning will take place in between customers, making this the ideal choice for those shielding or who want to limit or control the number of people who they are in contact with
- We are in a safe and enclosed garden space, which means children can play freely whilst their parent browses. Combined with hour long time slots, much of the pressure of shopping with a child is eliminated.
- Outdoor seating; stay for a drink and a chat, or come with a friend and make a social occasion of your trip
- Free onsite parking, so no worries or hurries.
- Easy access for wheelchairs, prams and even mobility scooters.
- A personal touch; you can advise us prior to your appointment if there's anything special that you're looking for, the ages of your children and of any other requirements you may have.
- A private experience in your control. There are many reasons why someone may dislike public stores, such as anxiety and other mental health issues, autism or issues in children that can cause unpredictable reactions to new places. Many of our products are especially suited to children with special educational needs and disabilities; we want our shopping experience to be as well.
If you have any questions, please do get in touch. We welcome your comments, suggestions or ideas for improvement.
18 Queens Road, Vicars Cross, Chester, CH3 5HA