2020 has been an incredibly difficult year for so many of us, both for those whose lives and families have been forever changed and those whose day to life has changed in order to prevent spread. At Small Eco Steps, we have been working incredibly hard to keep ourselves, our customers and the wider public safe.
- Our reusable party kit hire halted well in advance of lockdown; back in February we had begun taking extra precautions such as inclusion of hand gel. We are now cautiously allowing hires once again where gatherings are in small groups and in line with current guidance. - please see our hire page for more information on the changes to service.
- We had planned to open a traditional bricks and mortar store in 2020, but this was not meant to be! We still wanted to offer customers an option to visit a store, collect goods and to allow browsing for those who like to see items in "real life", so set up our "Small Eco Shop", by converting an outbuilding at our home address into an appointment only shop, which allows us to offer a safer alternative to customers.
- Just one appointment a day, with cleaning between customers
- Bright, light and airy with good ventilation
- Staff can wear a visor or patterned mask to reduce child concern
- Hand gel provided at the entrance and till, for both staff and customers
- Check before each appointment that customers are fit and well, with low covid risk
- Our free delivery across Chester has proven very popular. Deliveries are contactless - we will place your parcel on your doorstep, ring the bell/knock and step back to wait
- We still offer Uk-wide postage - we have upgraded all parcels to Hermes courier delivery, to allow customers to track their orders and to ease the load on Royal Mail.